Thursday, February 25, 2010

Kylen the Intern Goes Climbing


Three weeks into school, I finally managed to find me an internship that will hopefully fit into either of my majors. I will be working at a place called The Sanctuary. From what I can gather, this place exists in the middle of Dublin to give a sense of peace to people through different classes and relaxation methods. (check it out online: www.sanctuary.ie) It is a small organization, which means I will be able to do a little bit of everything. They have a big event coming up this summer, they sounded pretty excited when I mentioned that I could help promote it. They seem to be great people, and they already told me that I can take any time off to go travel Europe. I hope this will be a worthwhile experience.
Tomorrow at half three (thats Irish for 3:30) I will be leaving to Galway (West coast of Ireland) to participate in a climbing competition with the DCU climbing club. I have never done a competition, so this will also be a new experience. I will be back on Sunday and I will let you know how it went!

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome Ky!! I'm so glad you found one! Have fun climbing - just remember everything I taught you and you'll do great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Kylen!! I'm so glad you found an internship (sounds a lot better than that one you were telling me about that sounded like just volunteer experience). Good luck this wkend!

    P.S. Next time I talk to you I will be in CHINA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to hear about the rock climbing competition Ky! How did it go??

    ReplyDelete